In order to secure a more sustainable, climate resilient and affordable food system, Hungry for Action is making the following calls to political leaders and multinational donors.
Save lives now
- Provide the $33 billion needed now to respond to the crisis and prevent 882,000 people dying from hunger in the next 6 months.
- Scale up cash assistance, including food and essential lifesaving services to reach millions of households in the most affected countries across the world.
Build resilience and secure the future now
- Overhaul the current model of food and farming that has deepened inequality, reduced resilience to shocks, and entrenched environmentally damaging practices.
- Double funding for climate adaptation.
- Invest in small-scale food producers.
- Improve nutrition through health, food, WASH and social protection systems.
- Cancel poor countries’ debts.
A campaign fighting to end the global food crisis – now and forever.